Tea Collins - Tea Cocktail
When life gives you lemons, make Tea Collins.
We should all be familiar with this little proverb (we have swapped lemonade for Tea Collins, just incase you were wondering!). If you’re not, then it’s our can do attitude in the face of adversity or misfortune, that encourages optimism, which turns one of life’s many hurdles into something more positive or desirable.
And there we have it, if you need to contemplate and relax either on your own or with friends and family then reach for a Tea Collins. Life will then seem more tranquil and serene after sipping a tall spiked refreshingly light ice cold lemonade!
So next time, ‘when life gives you lemons', be unique and create an uplifting Tea Collins!
What is a Tea Collins - Tea Cocktail?
It’s a very simple cocktail that doesn’t require shaking or an extensive array of specialist bar tools. Like lemonade it’s full of lemons and bubbles but with an adult twist as we add Tea Liqueur.
All our Tea Liqueurs work well and for a more subtle twist try adding our Ryokucha Green Tea Liqueur. This adds a sweet fruitiness with notes of pineapple and lychee, that binds an ocean to a wild floral meadow that is refreshingly light. But if you want a delicate undertone of tea then add either one of our Black Tea Liqueurs. These add honey and orange notes which bubble through the tart lemon adding a sweetness from the Liqueur which is invigorating and light.
- 60ml Tea Liqueur
- 25ml Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Top with soda water
- Handful of ice
- Garnish with a lemon wheel and maraschino cherry
- Glass - Casablanca Hi-ball glass is perfect for keeping your drink cooler on warmer days. This is down to the fact that it’s chunkier than your normal cocktail glass with a thicker base which keeps the drink cooler for longer. It’s fluted walls help you hold the glass when the condensation builds up externally form the coolness of the drink on warm summer days.
- Jigger - Bartending tool/dual ended cup for measuring spirits that is normally dual ended (50ml/25ml)
- Bar spoon - Long-handled spoon used for mixing drinks
Add the ice into your Cassablanca Hi-ball glass and slowly pour over all ingredients and gently stir. Add the lemon wheel and maraschino cherry to garnish.
Origin of Tea Collins Cocktail - Summer 2022
Designed for theatrics and served on extraordinary occasions by our founder Jason Stephenson. Approved and loved by all our guests.